Saturday 26 May 2012

Couldnt Say It Before

The tip of my quill rode in flames
As the night settled into a deep abyss,
Thoughts tumbled onto one another,
Frayed nerves, trembling hands made peace.
You shone like a bright star, a lone star,
Rain of tears washed the words on my pages
Feelings left undefined, verses left unsaid,
Never realised I've known you for ages.
The candle bled for your forgiveness
Cause it never lit up in the dark
Never knowing the depth of your love
Your eyes said it all, brooding and stark.
The willows wept, the rivers cried,
Plunged into despair, our hearts clashed
Sorry love before I could say it,
Lightening struck, waves crashed.
You were too far to know
I swear I cried at your grave
Testing times weakened our zeal
But I know, you were the bravest of the brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment